Thursday, July 19, 2007

After a few weeks of working in my new job I feel compelled to admit that I have written nothing at all. I have a great many excuses for this. First I was moving and settling in, the place has no utilities, furniture etc--I had no clothes needed for office work and generally there was a lot to do. I have also gone four rounds with (not i must stress against) my editor with 'Father of Dragons', checked the proofs for a print version of 'King of dragons, king of Men' and one round of copy editing for 'Son of a Bitch'. Not to mention keeping three blogs more or less alive and kicking (well, twitching anyway).

Nevertheless I have not written a single original word, nor even done the 3-4 hours necessary to complete 'The Nameless God' or the one or two hours needed by the novella 'Sacrifice'. Nor have I been making much progress in reading the books I have lined up to review.

I think it does not help that the vast majority of my duties these day are now reading and writing. At the end of a long day I come home and find myself struck with hithertofore uncharacteristic urges to walk, ride the bike and generally make use of my musculoskeletal system, and that done feel like to doing nothing more taxing than watching TV and surfing through forums devoted to an activity I no longer feel a great urge to carry out.

Hopefully this will pass.

1 comment:

Romantic Heretic said...

*HUGS*

Going through a bit of that myself.

It will pass.