Monday, August 27, 2007

Bad Blogger, No Cookie

One of the side effects of my recent shift to a rather more serious kind of employment is less internet time. I use a hooked up work computer but internet use is monitored so anything more than an occasional fleeting visit to a recreational sites is probably a very bad idea indeed—especially anything with ‘erotic’ in the title. I am still waiting to see if there is any response to my use of work-related blogs as sources of information.

I still generally have time to write blog posts on my non-networked and hence completely private laptop during my union-mandated break times. But some of you may have noticed that I am not doing so well on reciprocal visits of checking out the other participants of the poem-train and other such community endeavours. Hopefully I will get some catch up time but even weekends just don’t seem as long as they once were!

In the mean time I see that Father of Dragons has ascended to the dizzying heights of #9 on the Samhain best seller list! Dare we hope for #8? I expect the batch of new releases will knock it off this perch shortly but I am still enjoying appearing on the list at all :) I do hope for another reader review. The one I have in fair enough but does seem to praise the book with faint damn. Still, I am encouraged enough to start outlining the sequel: Lover of Ghosts.

1 comment:

Ernesto Dias Jr. said...

Dear Emily:

A couple of months ago you kindly authorized me use one of your artworks to illustrate a chapter of The Dragon's Eggs, a four-handed short novel written by me and my partner Flavio Ferrari.

As I explained then, this is the second we perpetrate using the same rules: twelve chapters, each one written by one of us, with no previous knowledge of the argument, and no talking allowed between us during the work.

Dragon’s Eggs reached its end a few weeks ago and, as we “traditionally” do, a small clip was made using the history as the theme. Oddly enough, this time we released the second part first – the credits – under pressure of our readers. The main clip is still under production in our free time and… you know what “free time” means…

A pity that no English version of the novel is at sight. If ever will be one. The basic argument revolves around sorcery, old alchemist thinking and a bit of Tantra rituals. I think you would like it.

Anyway: I’m using your space to thank you again.

The clip can be seem at www.assertiva.blogspot.com. You are, of course, in there.

Ernesto Dias Jr.