Friday, August 31, 2007

Review for 'Father of Dragons'

Yay! A review from Mrs. Giggles. A 74 overall and here are some excerpts:

"One look at the beautiful cover art of Father Of Dragons and the first thing that enters my head is, "Oh dear, it's all so emo!""

"...I know I have to read it twice before what I am reading finally sinks in. I say out loud to myself, "Cool!" because I really don't know what else to say."

"The main characters don't particularly annoy me but unfortunately they don't stand out to me either..."

" If you are looking for a gay version of something like Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders Of Pern books ... Father Of Dragons may just hit the right spot."


Overall a very accurate review I think. The book is high fantasy with a gay romance subplot that will only really get going in the sequel. I am finding the reviewer/reader reactions to the whole (non-explicit) dragon boinking scene very interesting.

No comments: