Friday, April 8, 2016

Doe Velvet first Draft

I have finished the first draft of Doe Velvet and am very happy with how it turned out.  This is a book I decided to write simply on the principle that if I write what I like, other people may also like it.  The conventional wisdom is that high fantasy romance is unpopular and alpha female romance (that is not in any way BDSM) just does not have a readership.  Maybe that is true.  I guess I will find out.

In any case, I like my heroine Thera.  She is down-to-earth woman in a high fantasy world.  She is by nature confidant, despite having had quite a difficult life. And if a passing prince should fall head over heels in love with her, who is she to argue with that?  Of course royalty comes with complications, and in this case a dangerous quest.

I am working on edits now and narrowing down who my external editor will be.

No comments: