Friday, April 6, 2007

NEWS: King of Dragons, Kind of Men [reviews]

KODKOM (as I like to call it) came out in ebook form on February 27th. The paperback release has been pushed back a little to October 16th. Sadly this will probably be a few months after I leave town--where I have the local Borders actually actively offering to hold a book signing for me. However, with a little luck I with still be working somewhere in the US of A and might be able to pop back to visit and do my own cheap-arse version of a book tour. I am currently hanging out, expecting the first full royalty report any minute now.

I was very interested in seeing the reviews for this story as I expected it might cause some consternation. KODKOM is a menage (MMF) story, but it is not erotic. I think the erotic romance genre is great, but polyamory is not just a sexual kink. In fact, in most cases polyamorous relationships take longer to become sexual and may involve less sexual activity overall as the relationship is more complex. But anyway, the first reviews are in and on the whole I am very pleased.

Speculative Romance Online says: "You won't be sending this one back to the kitchen. For those who have shied away from trying non-traditional romantic pairings because of explicit sexual content, here's a great way to increase the range of your reading palate. The bedroom door stays firmly closed, but the windows into the characters' hearts stay wide open."

Over at Fallen Angels I got a 5/5 and "recommended read" which I am showing off here. Michelle writes: "Emily Veinglory is a personal favorite of mine, just for the fact that her writing is so exquisitely rendered; it’s almost poetic sometimes. She does a most admirable job at world building here, and layers plot upon plot ever so seamlessly. Watching these three stumble along in life and love is poignantly entertaining, for sure. I love, love, love this foray into the medieval setting with a delicious, non-traditional twist. More, please!" (It would be fair to say that Michelle is a favorite of mine).

At Coffee Time Romance the lack of explicit sex was noticed, but fortunately not a disappointment: "I expected this book to be a tale of hot sex that would keep me warm all night. Instead, I found an enchanting medieval story that will forever have a special place in my heart."

See also: The Romance Studio who gave me a few things to think about :)

1 comment:

Fiona Glass said...

Those reviews are great and particularly pleasing as romance without sex can get pulled to pieces rather...