Monday, July 16, 2007

Shooooes


I do not think of myself as a gullible person, but I will occasionally give implausible promotions the benefit of the doubt. As such, when Amazon sent me an advertisement for their new shoe store ENDLESS.COM I was willing to test it out. One of the main selling points was, and I quote “FREE overnight shipping”. In fact if you opted for free overnight shipping $5 was taken off the purchase price.

As a new cube dweller I needed another pair of dress shoes (having previously lived in cowboy boots and sneakers, I have only one pair). As I surfed on Thursday the prompt at the top of the screen said that if I ordered in the next two hours I would have my shoes on Friday.

Needless to say, it is now Monday and still no shoes. I checked my order which clearly says “Shipping Speed: FREE One-Day Shipping” but in immaculate computer generated irony also states “Delivery estimate: July 16” – that being today so I will let you know if it makes it. I realize the weekend intervened, but still, the day overnight from Thursday is Friday.

So you can add overnight shoes to the ‘Magic Beans’ list—you know the one with products that claim more than they can deliver.




[Edited to Add] Shoes here on Monday. So, a day late. I guess I can't complain. When overnight delivery is $5 off what do you do for a refund? Give them 5 bucks?

No comments: