Friday, March 21, 2008

Huh?


I don't know about you but I was astounded to hear that Starbucks made the counter staff share their tips with managers and supervisors. A court recent ruled they must return that money to the baristas.

Starbucks said the ruling was "fundamentally unfair and beyond all common sense and reason".

Starbucks, can't say I am with you there. Are these supervisors and managers people not actually on their feet all day behind the counter? Because I pay a tip to the person who handles my money and the person who makes my coffee, the amount depending on the service.

"tip: Optional payment given in addition to a required payment, usually to express appreciation for excellent service; here also called gratuity."

Service, by the people that serve me in person.

No comments: