Monday, August 11, 2008

What would you do with 20 My Little Ponies?

...or specifically 18 little ponies, a slightly bigger pony and a 'pony fried' doll (Megan).



That is not a rhetorical question. I just won them on eBay. I bought them because the second I saw then I had in mind making an art piece with the ponies, a picture frame and a coat of either white enamel or white crackle paint. It would be called 'My Lady of the Horses'. Something like this:



Of course when the neonatally proportioned equines arrive I might not quite be able to do it. And I should check that none of them are collectors items first (although if they were I think the eBay crowd would have up-ed the bidding somewhat).

4 comments:

Polenth said...

I'd hoard them. I collect My Little Ponies. It's hard to see all of them, so if that's the eBay picture, you might have an unexpected gem. Best to check, as you'll kick yourself if you do something to a $100 pony.

Looks like most are baby ponies. The big one is a Sweetheart Sister, and I think I see a flutter pony in front of her. They're all from the first generation of ponies (called G1 on some sites). Dream Valley has a good listing.

veinglory said...

Hmm. You may be talking me out of it. those are ponies I am in expecting in the picture, but they are in used condition, so I am not sure collectors would go for them. But I will look into it, thanks for the link with the handy 'pony identifier'.

colbymarshall said...

I propose mounting their heads on the wall, deer-style. If nothing else, it would be a conversation starter...

colbymarshall said...

I propose mounting their heads on the wall, deer-style. If nothing else, it would be a conversation starter...