Friday, May 21, 2010

Repatriation Countdown

It looks like I am officially three years away from the end of my working visa status (which allows me to live in the United States) (Assuming my extension application is successful).  Ideally, by the time I get back home I will have a good job lined up--but if life was always Ideal I would not have needed to leave ol' NZ to get a job in the first place.

As a result of all this you might see a slight change in emphasis on this blog.  Rather than just covering my fiction writing it will include my overall effort to earn non-salary money.  The overall goal being to establish some income streams that I might be able to live on when I return home.

At the end of each month I will report on how well I did and what is (or is not) paying off.  Given that I will still be none to five (and a little more) on my main job, this may not be terribly successful.  But if you are interested in seeing how it goes--stay tuned.

No comments: